I can distinctly remember standing in my brother’s bedroom and declaring that I had eight years left until I graduated from high school. Eight years.
Eight years is forever when you’re in the fourth grade.
I was the kid who HATED school, so, yes, I started counting down to graduation at an early age. Seven years left. Six years left. Five years left. You get the idea. I’m not sure why I was counting down because, in retrospect, high school graduation was but a blip on my timeline.
But, I didn’t know that until I lived a bit more of my future and realized time really hadn’t been standing still. It was moving. And, now that I’m an adult, can it please just slow down a little bit?
Wasn’t it just 2009? What happened to 2010? Why, I’ll tell you.
- I painted and painted and painted and painted and painted and painted till I could paint no more. Then, I painted some more.
- I was reprimanded by a Fido customer representative (cell phone) for not doing enough to educate myself about Fido’s plans before calling her.
- I watched the Super Bowl with Canadian commercials.
- I went on my first cruise.
- I watched my first Olympics—Canada-style.
- I sat by a pool in Florida.
- Being unemployed has a few perks—experimental dinners!
- I FINALLY received notification that my “application for permanent residence in Canada appears to be ready for visa issuance.”
- I officially landed in Canada.
- Husband and I celebrated our one-year anniversary.
- I decided to take on a writing challenge, and I wrote 250-plus words of something everything day during the month of May.
- I found the baby book that my mom compiled for me.
- Jesus burned to the ground.
- World Cup excitement took over our condo (the half Husband resides in).
- Husband and I celebrated our one-year anniversary. Again.
- I spent some time on a beach in North Carolina with a BFF and her family.
- This blog turned 2.
- We went to Europe. EUROPE! Which, I mentioned here, here, here and here.
- I started a new job.
- I imported my car to Canada. Laborious. Process. For. Real.
- I fell off the blogging train and failed to make more than three posts, this one included, in the month of December. Yikes!
It’s been a pretty full year. I can hardly wait to see what 2011 brings.
Happy New Year, everyone!